Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I saw the fattest baby today.

I have now been in Tokyo for 2 days, staying with my friend Junji until my job starts in Nagoya on the 16th. Times are looking rough financially so I have been trying to do the freest things possible; people watching, walking through the fish market, trying to find the illusive "panties vending machines (more on that one in a bit). The only problem is that in Tokyo, all of it costs a bit. It was too easy to burn through my first ¥10,000 on just food and transportation. Looks like I'll be eating some sort of noodles in a Styrofoam cup for the next three weeks. Anyway, enough belly aching, I'm having a great time.
Since Junji has to work about 11 hours a day, I have spent a lot of time walking the city and taking pictures of the wonders of Japan. The sad part of that is the best things I have seen, I didn't have the right opportunity to take a picture (aka fat baby/girls in the most obscure clothing/old woman slurping up a huge raw oyster), but this is what I have gotten so far (today).


Some purple things in a bag at the fish market




More unidentifiable items at the fish market. Almost all were still moving


Omelet bar?


Ok, so I spent all my money here, can you blame me?


Half of this meal disappeared before I could get a picture


Forever 21 was a madhouse!


The least I could do was get a picture of the store where odd clothes are purchased. So weird...


200 acre park in the middle of Tokyo. I ended up here on accident. Quite the thing to find on accident.


I think this speaks for itself.


I also found this sweet toy shop on accident. All the toys were from either Nightmare Before Christmas or Gremlins. I was searching for vending machines with panties and I found toys... sad day.


Best Bonsai Ever!

9 comments:

Hatsumi said...

Hi Matthew!
Welcome to Japan!!!!
I enjoyed to read your blog.

Can you search for vending machines with panties? :)

Unknown said...

Any panty-machines yet?
I'm expecting big things. And by that I mean small underwear.
More blogging, fool! Yours is the only one I will ever let myself read so whenever you can, throw some more on there.
I just saw Ramen for 5 cents each at the store. Want me to send you a festive assortment?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Matt,

So did you find vending machines full of schoolgirls' used panties, or not?

This is bullshit.

Fred

Unknown said...

Fred, were you the one who got your posts removed for using naughty naughty dirty words? Let's keep this classy, everyone, this is a family affair.

And matt still hasn't said anything in like a week. Anyone know if he's still alive?

Unknown said...

hey yo i have read the same one like six times. more more more!!!! sounds like you are having fun. see if you can find a starbutts or mcdonards. miss you!!
mg

Vespo said...

He's alive. He ate some bad fugu last night but they say his left side will at a 20% function level within 3 years

Chris said...

OH MY GOD we can be friends again because I found your blog. Next post comment...